RICK OWENS APT



by xavier bejot for taschen's 'new paris interiors' via seaofshoes.typepad.com

All kinds of obsessed with these images of Rick Owens and wife Michèle Lamy's Paris home that have been floating around the blogosphere for quite some time.  The mix of stone and fur is best described by Wallpaper* Magazine as 'monolithic'.  Recently, I've been interested in the idea of occupying space.  It is really something to look at these photos and imagine Rick Owens and his wife living and creating in these spaces, let alone going about simple tasks like making a cup of tea in that extraordinary kitchen space.  

I've also watched this interview between Rick, Michèle and Maria Luisa for thecorner.com several times.  I'm fascinated the professional and romantic relationship Owens and Lamy share.  I remember reading somewhere that he was introduced to her by his boyfriend at the time and then worked for her for a couple of years.  Someone should write a biography about Michèle. I love how modern their partnership is. 
I realise this is slowly evolving into a Rick Owens appreciation blog.  I'm completely unapologetic. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi you have a nice blog and it would mean a lot if you could check mine out and let me know if your intersted in following each other or follow me and ill follow you back :)

    ReplyDelete